Image Map

Thursday, August 1, 2013

2013-2014 School Goals and First Day

Today was my first day of school!  August came so quickly!  I had a wonderful day with my two classes.  Spent most of the time doing get to know you activities including a teacher test where the kids are quizzed on information about me (they fail miserably but their answers are funny!) Starting on a Thursday is nice because tomorrow is already Friday and then I have the weekend to recover from my first week back!


I had hoped to get this posted yesterday before school started, but better late than never! I'm linking up with I {heart} Recess for my back to school goals!


Personal: This is my first full school to be mommy and teacher.  I've been pretty bad in the past about staying at school way to late, spending far too many Sundays working in my classroom, and going to bed thinking about school.  Now that I have a little one at home, I want to be able to leave school at school.  It's a transition, but I'm definitely going to work this year on finding a balance.

Organization;  Part of finding a balance is by being organized so I don't waste time trying to find where I put that check sheet.  I'm working on this at home, but definitely at school, too!  Everything needs a home and everything needs to be in it's home.

Planning:  I'm a great planner!  I can come up with the most killer lesson ever on a pretty regular basis.  What I need to improve on is actually getting everything together that I need for that killer lesson.

Professional: With my new technology grant this year, I really want to help my fellow teachers learn all about the technology resources that are available to them.  I'm also hoping that they will be open to learning all the new things.

Students:  I have a different view of my students now that I am a mommy myself.  I really want to get to know my students at a deep level this year.  I think that knowing them deeply is really going to help me teach them better!

Motto: Look for the positive.  It's easy to find things to complain about in the world of education, they are always there.  Focusing on the negative is a total drain on you and your teaching.  I'm going to focus on all the good things happening in my classroom, my school, and my district this year!

What are you goals for the year?

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that your classes went well, Rissa! Working with kids truly is a blessing, being able to teach, guide and hone them for the future is a privilege teachers are able to enjoy. My son loves going to school but seems to be having trouble with mathematics. Although I would love to teach him, time constraints disallows me. Getting him a tutor is the right choice.

    Carol Levin

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and hearing from all my blogger friends! I like to respond via email so make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger! Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...