Image Map

Friday, April 11, 2014

Five for Friday

WOW!!!!  It has been such a LONG week, but isn't testing week always super long?  I'm so glad it's Friday and that I am headed towards a relaxing weekend.  It's been awhile since I've had my act together together to link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday but today is that day!!!!


TESTING IS OVER!!!!!  
Last year's test released items!  I have no idea of course what was on this year's test
We have 4 days of testing here in Arkansas over reading, writing, and math. My kiddos finished testing yesterday and boy does it feel good!  I ripped down all the chart paper covering my classroom as soon as we finished the test. My feet and back are tired from all the walking, too!

I've been working hard on my reading over the past few weeks.  I've read two more of the Charlie May Simon books and now I'm reading Junonia by Kevin Henkes. 
After I finish this book, I'll only have 3 left!  They've already put out next year's list, so maybe I'll get started earlier! 
 My kids have started giving me books to read now, which I love!


I wrote about completing the Hour of Code with my students here back in December.  Well since we didn't really have much of an afternoon any day this week, I decided that we would code with our extra time.  My kids LOVE it and it's so good for their problem solving skills!  I also got back into code, because the kids were getting ahead of me and I couldn't have that! 


Tuesday, was my hubby's birthday!  He's 6 months older than me and I love to rub it in his face!!! He's OLD!!!! And by old I mean 27!!! LOL!  We had a chill night of Chicago Style pizza and a movie at home.  


My sweet little girl had her 15 month check up yesterday.  I can't believe how big she is getting or how long her hair is getting!  She's in the 9th percentile.  Dr. says she's in perfect health and was impressed by how many words she knows, that she uses sign language, and that she can walk on her tip toes!  I love being her mommy!

1 comment:

  1. Your little angel is too cute! So is your blog- Love the name!! I found you through the linky and I can't wait to read more!
    Melissa
    Keep Calm and Love First Grade

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and hearing from all my blogger friends! I like to respond via email so make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger! Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...