Image Map

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Peek at my Week: 4-14-14

After two weeks of unusual class time - test prep and actual testing- I am very much looking forward to getting back to a normal week!

I'm linking up with Jennifer over at Mrs. Laffin's Laughings for her Peek at my Week linky party!
http://mrslaffinslaughings.blogspot.com/2014/04/a-peek-at-my-week-4-13-14.html

We are wrapping up our unit on fractions this week before we start delving into decimals.  My kids will be working on this bakery project and these fraction task cards from Teaching with a Mountain View to make sure they are ready for their unit test on Friday!


I've mentioned before that I alternate teaching science and social studies each quarter.  For the last quarter of the year, I will be teaching social studies.  I bought this Weekly Science pack from Science Penguin in one of the last big TpT sales and I haven't had a chance to use it yet!
We are starting at the beginning with matter.  I'm planning on doing the stations whole group this week, so my students get the idea of how each station will work and what is expected from them at each station.  Everything you need is laid out for you in this resource with a teacher resource page for each week.  I worked on getting everything put together in the afternoons after testing was over last week.  I'm super excited to use this resource!  My kids love science and hopefully using this resource will ensure without a doubt that I will get to science every day. 

Last but definitely not least, I have parent/teacher conferences this week!  Report cards went home last Tuesday and this week I will be meeting with all my parents.  I've got all of my conferences scheduled and I should get done in 4 days!  It's going to be another long week!  

2 comments:

  1. Whattt??? Conferences this late in the year?? Oh boy....At least you will have Friday off to recover, right??

    Have a great week!
    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with fractions and decimals...I'm going to have to check out those resources because my students need constant review of what fractions and decimals really are (part of a whole, the denominator means how many parts make one whole, etc.) Those Science stations should be a lot of fun for your students - can't wait to get more time to teach Science once testing is over!

    Rebecca
    Ladybugs Lounge

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and hearing from all my blogger friends! I like to respond via email so make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger! Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...