Image Map

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Tried it Tuesday: Graphite Field Notes

WOAH!!!!  Can you believe it?! 3 posts in 3 days!!!!  I was very busy on Sunday! Ha! Oh and Happy April Fools Day!

I love Tuesdays because I love getting to see what all my blogging buddies out there in blogland are trying over at Holly's Tried It Tuesday Linky Party!
Have you ever gone looking for an app or website with a specific content, purpose, or task in mind only to be overloaded with all of the options out there?  I can tell you that this has happened to me many times and I often just choose the app/site that pops up first.  I can also tell you that just because it's listed first, doesn't mean it's the best product for whatever is I'm needing.  I like being able to look at reviews.  It's how I decide on most of my purchases, like my new iPad mini, by reading the reviews.
Well to solve the problem of the app/site overload, I would like to introduce you to Graphite by Common Sense Media!
This site has TONS of reviews of apps/sites by real teachers!  What's even better is that you can review apps/sites by creating "Field Notes" on a review.  These field notes tell other teachers exactly what you think of the app/site.  You can say what you like or don't like, how you use it in your classroom, and what your students are able to learn by using this app/site.  So really this "Tried It" is writing Field Notes for Graphite! There was also a little incentive I came across that if you wrote 2 field notes before March 31, they would send you a thank you gift in the way of a $25 Amazon gift card!  Who can't use free money for telling what you think about apps that you use in your classroom! I'll let you know if/when my free money arrives!  I'm so excited to explore this site more and have my 4th graders complete their digital citizen passport!

I found this little gem from Jenny at Sun Tans and Lesson Plans!  I was so inspired by her that now I'm working on becoming a Certified Education in Digital Citizenship!  Thanks Jenny!

Make sure you head over to Fourth Grade Flipper to see what everyone else is trying!

3 comments:

  1. I have used Common Sense Media to earn my BYOD cert, but I want to be a cerftified Digital Citizenship Educator too. I have this on my list of things to do! I am going to check out Graphite for sure! I hope they do indeed send you the money. Super proud of your 3 posts in 3 days! I've been slacking...big time!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have run into the same problem of "app overload". This site sounds like it will be a huge help. Thank you so much for posting this!

    Mary
    Fit to be Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks awesome, Rissa! I've never heard of a certified Digital Citizenship Educator. What is that all about? Of course I don't really need to add to my to-do list! Lol. Thanks for linking up!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and hearing from all my blogger friends! I like to respond via email so make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger! Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...