Image Map

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Peek at My Week

It's been a couple of weeks since I linked up with Jennifer over at Mrs. Laffin's Laughings for Peek at my week, but I've actually been on top of this blogging thing, so here's what's going on in my week!




In math this week, we are starting division.  My kids should have their basics facts down from third grade, but we will be working on the facts in the background during this unit. We will be focusing on remainders and how to interpret what do with a remainder when dividing.  This was a concept that my students struggled with last year, so we will see how my current kiddos do.



At my school, in 4th grade, we teach science and social studies in alternating quarters.  First and third quarters are social studies, second and fourth are science.  We are starting our quarter of science with a science inventory and some science basics like the scientific method.  I know the kids are really looking forward to working on science.



We are going to start blogging this week. I've got my kids all set up on Kidblog.  The first thing I'm going to have them blog about is how they used math over October break.  I'm really excited about my kids getting their work, ideas, and creativity with the broader world.



It's Red Ribbon week this week, so we will be celebrating be drug free this week!  These are our spirit days for the week.



HALLOWEEN!!!!  Which actually means MY BIRTHDAY!!!!  Yes, I was born on Halloween!  My school is right off of our downtown square so we get to go trick or treating on the square instead of having a Halloween class party.  I'll be posting pictures of my costume on Thursday.  Any guesses???

What are you up to this Halloween week?

1 comment:

I love comments and hearing from all my blogger friends! I like to respond via email so make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger! Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...