Image Map

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Tried It Tuesday - First Time!!!!

I keep telling myself that I'm going to get ahead with my blogging, but it never seems to happen!  Here I sit at 8:00 at night after putting the little one to bed to blog... sigh... at least I'm blogging, right???

Well, today I'm linking up with Fourth Grade Flipper  for Tried It Tuesday for the first time!



I try new things every week, but usually I'm either too busy or tired to blog about them. Today, my "tried it" doesn't technically have to do with teaching in school, but definitely teaching my daughter! 

 So last week, I got a text from my cousin in PHX asking me if I wanted to do a kids book exchange.  Of course I said yes even though we have a book shelf overflowing with books.  Is there such a thing as too many books???? I think not!  Well today, I got my letter from my cousin and the directions for how the book exchange works.  There are two names on the letter, one I didn't know and then my cousin's son's name.  I send a book to the first name and then I send out the same letter out with the names of my cousin's son and my daughter out to 6 people.  Basically it's a chain letter but the outcome isn't some bogus "you will live x number of days" but BOOKS!!!!  I sent out a round of texts and Facebook messages and actually got 8 friends to agree!!!  I made my copies and addressed the envelopes and will get them out in the mail tomorrow!!! 



Then I got on Amazon and bought this book to send the little girl on my letter.

This was way easier than going out and buying a book, plus with my Amazon Prime account, I got free shipping!!!  SCORE!!!!  Now, I just wait to get books for Ainsleigh!!!  I can't wait to see what books we get!

If you want to start your own Kids Book Exchange here is the link to the form I used.  Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way about blogging...always trying to get ahead but rarely do! Your linkup reminded me of a similar letter for a book exchange that I received months ago and never followed through with. :( I broke the chain! You will have to let me know how many books you get! Thanks for linking up!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and hearing from all my blogger friends! I like to respond via email so make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger! Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...